2019-20 Beverly Hills National Auditions
BEVERLY HILLS NATIONAL AUDITIONS
For the Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 Recital Series
Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 9 am - 4 pm
Audition Location: Roxbury Community Center
471 S. Roxbury Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Winners receive performance engagements and recognition in up to three concert series: Music by the Sea (City of Encinitas on Friday evenings), The Interludes (Torrance on Saturday afternoons), and Music in the Mansion (City of Beverly Hills’ Greystone Mansion on Sunday afternoons), as well as consideration on Sundays Live! At LACMA, Laguna Beach Live! and more than 50 other Southland concert series through the Consortium of Southern California Chamber Music Presenters.
Each selected artist(s) receives an honorarium, with the event publicized online and in local newspapers. Auditions are open to instrumentalists, pianists, vocalists, and chamber ensembles.
Now in its 26th Season, designated a “Best Bet” by the Los Angeles Times and a “Pick of the Week” by L.A. Weekly, "the series is a much sought opportunity for performers....The talent level is extremely high." — Los Angeles Times.
- Auditions are open to professional musicians from age 16. Each candidate must be able to present a one-hour recital program without intermission.
- During the auditions, each performer/ensemble will be given a maximum of 10 minutes.
- At least two contrasting pieces are required for the audition; for example: Classical & Romantic. Must include a short virtuoso selection (if the virtuoso piece is from the Romantic period, that satisfies the requirement). It is recommended to offer 4-5 compositions for the audition (including some from the applicant’s proposed recital program), as the committee prefers to see a wide selection and may request short “samplings.”
- Application must include: separate repertoire list, a suggested recital program, and a biography.
- Applications will be pre-screened for qualifications and may be returned (together with payment).
- Selected artists will be notified by e-mail/phone with confirmation/venue of the recital dates by May 15.
- The Consortium’s concert-series presenters will make separate concert arrangements with the selected artists/ensembles.
- Laura Schmieder, Chair. Artistic Director Music in the Mansion; Director, iPalpiti Artists International, Inc.
- Karla Devine, Artistic Director, Classical Crossroads / The Interludes Concert Series, Torrance, CA
- Bill Vestal, Director, Sundays Live! at LACMA
- In addition, members of the Consortium of Southern California Chamber Music Presenters are invited as guests to the Auditions, which include more than 60 other Southland concert series.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 5, 2019
Registration and Payment
The application fee is $30 and you can register one of 3 ways: online, by fax or by mail.
- Visit www.beverlyhills.org/BHRec and click on the Log in/Create Account drop down.
- Click on the blue "Create Your COBH Account" and enter you email address.
- A verification email will be sent to your email address.
- Once you go through the steps of verifying your email and creating your password, log back into the registration system (beverlyhills.org/BHRec).
- You will need to complete your account information (i.e. name, address, phone, etc.).
- Then register for Course #3436.
- Complete the online Audition Application and submit separately via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Agree and sign waiver electronically.
- Final step, enter your payment information.
Fax or Mail Registration: Click for the Audition Application
- Fax to (310) 858-9238
- Mail to City of Beverly Hills; Greystone Mansion & Gardens; 501 Doheny Road, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.